Friday, April 14, 2006

Want to Know an Easy Way to Talk to Basketball Players?

Ask them non-threatening questions about other basketball players. Not only is this a fluff piece in the strongest sense of the term, but am I really supposed to give a shit about who Derek Fisher believes the MVP of the league is? Has the NBA decided to shun 50+ years of tradition and give the vote to the players? Perhaps Lepper was soliciting advice on how to cast his vote.

OK, I'm back from my self-induced laughfest. Seriously, if I found out that Lepper were one of the 127 (as of last year) sportswriters and broadcasters allowed to vote for the MVP, I think I would just have to stop watching sports altogether. And that would suck.

However, all Lepper-bashing aside, here is the real reason I wanted to link this "article": while discussing the plans of assistant coaches Mario Elie and Russell Turner to travel abroad and give hoops clinics in the offseason, this nugget is dropped

"Of note for Warriors fans: the Lithuanian camp will be held at the Sarunas Marciulionis Basketball Academy. "

There's a Sarunas Marciulionis Basketball Academy?!?!?! If I tried to sign up for that camp, do you think they would mind that I'm 23 years old? I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home